In the 19th century, the town of Mâcon thought of building a new church. This is how, according to
the plans of the architect Berthier, disciple of Viollet le Duc, the Saint-Pierre church was born in the year 1860 in the town hall area. The Romanesque style building presents a façade with three floors. Three portals of a raised semicircular style, (which is characteristic of the monument and be found in all the arcades and openings), with tympanums adorned with stone bas-relief, give access to the interior. Dominated by two steeples of a rare elegance, covered with a stone spire, the whole building is outstanding. Things to see inside the church : Numerous chapels, frescos, communion tables, high altar, pulpit with five sides and two stairs, rose windows, organs. Three pieces of work which are covered by preservation order. Alter bas-relief in white marble of the chapel Notre-Dame-de-Lorette, sculpted by Perrache, an artist from Lyon at the end of the 18th century.
Adresse : Place Saint-Pierre 71000 Mâcon